PaCarazzi!
Thursday, June 30, 2005
  The Fourth Circle of Cage
Should we just rename the blog "All About Nicolas Cage and Cars?" Today's mailbag bears yet another story involving the bug-eating, car-collecting star of "Vampire's Kiss." Well, as Keith observes in the following anecdote, "Nic is not a secret celebrity." Amen to that. Note also that Keith has perfectly summed up the jaded Angeleno's attitude toward fancy cars.

I was working in a high-rise building on Sunset in Hollywood. One day as I walked through the garage on my way to lunch, I was stopped dead in my tracks by the most beautiful Ferrari I've ever seen.

Now, in L.A., exotic cars are a dime a dozen. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston-Martin, Bentley, Rolls, Porsche, yeah, yeah, yeah ... who cares. I usually see two or three in an hour of driving, and in certain areas more. If you live in L.A. it's really no big deal, and warrants nothing more than a quick side-glance and a mental note, "Oh, Ferrari."

So if a car stops me in my tracks then it must be a beauty. I walked around it, trying to think which model it was, but I hadn't seen one of these before. Liquid red paint gleamed as if had been waxed constantly since it rolled off the assembly line.

"Wow!" I thought as I walked to my car. "I wonder who can afford a car like that?"

As I was driving out of the garage my question was answered. "Oh, here comes the owner." I watched him approach the car and thought, "He looks familiar ... oh, that's Nicolas Cage."

Nic is not a secret celebrity. I see him around occasionally associating with us regular folk. I didn't recognize him right away, as he had on some very large, gold "pimp" sunglasses and appeared to have his arms almost completely tattooed.

I waved as I drove by, and he waved back and smiled.

****
 
Comments:
If you love mini trucks then you'll love my web site mini trucks. I've been involved with mini trucks since 1960 and my mini trucks web site has been up since 1995. If you love mini trucks you need to check it out. Thanks for letting me post on your blog.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
What Is PaCarazzi!?

PaCarazzi! is where you read about stars and cars!
PaCarazzi! is trainspotting for the auto-besotted.
PaCarazzi! is bird-watching for asphalt-dwellers.
PaCarazzi! is the easiest place to get YOUR star car story published!

Viva PaCarazzi!

Confused? See the first post on this blog.

Send your stories to pacarazzi@yahoo.com.

ARCHIVES
June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 /


Powered by Blogger